Saturday, May 24, 2008

Chess!


Today the boys met with Chuck for chess lessons, which they were very much looking forward to. They began at 10:30 and I had to leave at 11:45 for tennis. When I finished a bit past 1:00, Robert reported they were still working! I don't know how Chuck can keep a 6 & 8 year old interested in anything that long...he's a miracle worker with enormous patience. I can see the kids taking pride in what they are learning, a fun thing to witness! (Note the dog under the table; everyone participates!)

Last night Spencer and Grant met and played with the new neighbor's boys, Carter and Liam. They hit it off with them big time, and they are such nice boys. Spencer reported that Liam is his "twin" because they are both very intellectual (at least in their own minds!). Their parents are quite cool too, so I see lots of fun times this summer for all the neighborhood families.

No comments: