Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A nice suprise

The kids and I had breakfast with our friend Chuck who works with them on chess, and me on life! Chuck is well-read and has an ability to analyze life and its trappings in a philosophical and objective way--but with a healthy dose of humility. At breakfast he presented us each with a book from his collection, carefully selected and totally appropriate:

For me: The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell
For Spencer: Surely You're Joking, Mr. Feynman by Richard Feynman (himself!)
For Grant: How to Calculate Quickly by Henry Sticker

He explained why each book was important for us and we left anxious to get reading! This was just the neatest thing.

I have a lot of reading to do! Jake lent me several running books that I've started on as well. And I am in the middle of several other books with the kids.

No comments: