Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Today was mother's day! I started the day off with a 7.5 mile run at Pandapas Pond - with the first two miles UP the mountain, and the next two DOWN the mountain and a few more miles along the creek bed. It was glorious!

I returned home and decided that the kids and I needed to get out of the house and spend time together. Despite temps in the mid-60's, I told them to put their swim suits on. We took a 15 minute drive to the North Fork of the Roanoke River. I've ridden my bike past this beautiful water countless times, vowing to bring the kids. Well, today was the day. We scoped it out and vowed to return when we are enjoying warmer summer days!

It was a lovely Mother's Day, capped of by dinner at Oma Therese's house. We enjoyed soup and bread and a delicious rhubarb cake!










No comments: